Saturday, April 10, 2010

OMG another post?!

Yeah, yeah.

I just needed a place to document this so I don't forget. So hush!

Meanwhile...

The Devil loves yogurt. She loves it frozen, she loves it mushy. She probably would love it red hot if we'd let her try it. And the other night, Miss Independent decided to fetch herself a Gogurt tube and a juice pouch from the fridge, which she presented to me for opening with a self-satisfied smirk. Once consumed (in record time), she fetched another.

When she attempted to fetch a third in 3 minutes, I felt that, for the sake of everyone ever involved in cleaning up pastel yogurt-puke, I should intervene. So, we have the following exchange:

She: "I eat more yogurt?"

Me: "No. You'll get sick."

She: "I get sick?" ... (Pause to consider) ... "I eat yogurt! Yogurt is HEALTHY."

Curse you, Nick Jr!

She moves toward the kitchen. I jump in front of her.

Me: "NO. Your belly will hurt."

Ooo! Brainstorm! I can distract her!

Me: "I know! I eat your TOES!"

And before I can do more than raise my hands, zombie-like, she - she who is still 3 months from turning 3! - glances up at me with a delighted expression and proclaims...

"TOEgurt!!"

... and collapses under the weight of her own pun's hilarity.

I... am doomed.

No comments: