Friday, April 16, 2010

A Wee Victory!

The Devil, who secretly likes to loll around in Mommy's bed in the morning and snuggle, but don't tell anyone or you'll ruin her bad reputation - rolled over and looked up at me this morning mid-pillow fight and announced, with an air of great consideration,

"I believe I want to use the potty. I need to pee and use a tissue." (Pronounced "tiss-you", by the way.)

Suffice it to say we were in the bathroom at the speed of light. She stripped off her own (mercifully almost dry) diaper without hesitation, clambered up on the potty seat, and as I turned away to throw out the diaper... PEE!!

The Devil has officially begun potty-training, all on her own. Mommy and Daddy, who currently live in a shoe and suck on any discarded pizza boxes they find for nutrition due to the cost of having two children in diapers, are beyond delighted.

But... does this mean I have to change the blog name to "The Devil in Pink Pull-Ups"?

No comments: